Wednesday 9 October 2013

Evaluating My Music Magazine

I practised making a music magazine front cover on Photoshop to give me a practise for when I need to make my own in a couple weeks. I needed to look at all my notes and research I have done to help create a music magazine that would appeal to my target audience.
I started off by finding a suitable background which was red and black. I chose these colours as these are the colours my target audience find attractive and magazines such as Kerrang! use.
I made my logo and chose white and this goes really well with the black and red background. I added my main image next, this is of the band "All Time Low". I chose this band as they are found on the front cover of similar magazines a lot so I know they are popular with my target audience. I edited it on Photoshop using a magnetic lasso tool and a magic wand and this removed any of the pictures white background so it now look better to put on top of the black background. I added the bands logo underneath and the word exclusive. After this I added a barcode and then a yellow stripe along the bottom with more band names on it who are featured inside. I chose yellow as it really stands out and I chose bands who are popular with my target audience so they would read it.
I now had to add some sell-lines and secondary images so for this I tried to include exclusivity which I said I wanted to include for my magazine. I also created a poster special and a puff with really popular bands for this genre and audience too. Overall I think I have included a lot of features on this front cover that my target audience would really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment