Wednesday 9 October 2013

Contents Page Moodboard


For the contents page most of them have a similar style to them so it is going to be easier to think of layout ideas. I like the bold masthead that is at the top followed by a large picture underneath. I want this to be on my contents page .I especially like the Rocksound contents page particularly as I like how the images are laid out on this page. The main article has a large picture of the artist  and other articles have smaller images but it looks really good how this is set out. They also include pull quotes in the contents page too which is a really good idea I'm going to try and do as well; this is done so the front cover isn't too overcrowded but it's still an important or intriguing quote so is included near the front of the magazine to attract readers to certain pages. I want my contents page to be organised really well though as it wastes so much time trying to find specific articles when the layout isn't very good. I want it in columns and put into different sections, e.g, live reviews, album reviews, exclusive interviews etc. I want it to be organised but also look crowded and chaotic at the same time, I think it looks very messy and the way I want it to look by scattering about the different sized photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment