Thursday 17 October 2013

Hair and Makeup Ideas

http://www.pinterest.com/rebeccadono/rock-magazine-hair-ideas/

I have looked at ideas and inspiration for clothing and props and the final thing to look at now are ideas for hair and makeup. To do this, like I have done for the other ideas I looked at, I am using images of artists that are featured a lot in rock magazines and examples of images from actual magazines too. I have gathered up the images using Pinterest as it's a really good website to use to show pictures on in an interesting format.

I have found four images of male and female rock stars whose hair and makeup have inspired me for ideas to use for my photos. Firstly the image of Hayley Williams has inspired me as she doesn't have particularly bold makeup on but her hair is really bold and bright; having bright hair colours is common within this genre and I have a couple friends with bright, dyed hair so it would be a good idea to include them. The second image is of Alex and Jack from All Time Low, they both have spikey hair and a dark brown/black colour which is a really common style for male rockstars. Men in the rock industry also wear black eyeliner a lot too although these two don't but I may put some on any male models I have if I think they need it. The last image is of Taylor Momsen; her style is the opposite to the first image. Her hair is not particularly bold but her eye makeup is really bold and stands out. She uses a lot of mascara, black and brown eyeshadows and eyeliner on the top of her eyelid and on her waterline.

These images have given me lots of great ideas on how I want my friends to look. Overall they need to have very messy or bold hair and have quite heavy makeup and I think this will give a really good result when I take the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment