Friday 4 October 2013

Location Scouting

I now have an idea of the kind of look I want for my magazine front cover. I need to decide on a location as it may need a lot of planning to sort out. I also need to make sure the location and time is available to my friends who will be modelling for my front cover so this is essential that I sort this out as soon as possible.
 I would most like to be able to take my shoot in the college photography studio as it looks professional and gives a great quality photo. The weather at an outside location may be terrible on the day I want to take the photos. I also know how to take good photos and how to use all the lighting equipment with taking AS photography too so it would be a good decision to choose this. Most front cover images are taken in a studio anyway so I want to try and replicate magazines such as Kerrang! as much as possible and I think this would make it look really good.
I want to take some photos outside too as my images will all look completely different and variation looks better. These are the locations I want to use:

  • The college photography studio.
  • In Barnes Park.
  • Behind the college.
  • Sunniside in the town.
I have also went out and took a picture of all my locations so you can see how the background of my images will look. I have chosen these locations as when I went to all of them they were fairly quiet so nobody would be around for my photos and crowds of people wouldn't get in the way. I also had the idea of going to Mowbray Park and the steps outside the Civic Center but both of these locations are very busy all day so they wouldn't be very good ideas so this is why I chose the quieter locations. Here are some of the locations I will be going to if the weather is suitable, I have found got these images by using google maps:






No comments:

Post a Comment