Friday 25 October 2013

Colour Palettes and Font Ideas



I have chosen a red and black colour scheme because these are dark, heavy colours and can be associated with heavy rock and metal music. When you look at a majority of rock magazines they all include red in their colour scheme, magazines such as NME, Kerrang!, MOJO, Q and Rocksound. I thought if I am trying to create a magazine that appeals to the same or similar target audience, using the same colour scheme would be appropriate.
The fonts I have used are also very similar to the ones you would find in typical rock magazines, these are heavy fonts and a cartoon, chunky kind of style. I have found these fonts on the website called "dafont" and it was really easy to use and to find the font I wanted. I just typed in things such as "heavy fonts" and "rock" and these key words brought up some really nice results.

No comments:

Post a Comment