Sunday 27 October 2013

Front Cover Flat Plan


I want my main image to have a direct mode of address and to be female to attract a male audience as when I looked at other rock magazine reader profiles the audiences is predominately male so male gaze would be a good thing to include. If the image is direct it feels more personal to the reader and really helps to draw them in. I want the lighting to be high key as it creates a much more professional feel and this is the lighting style they use in music magazines. I want the image to be a medium long shot as this gives the reader a large image so they can see a lot going on in the frame and there is more room to tell a story. I want the font to be mainly black as this really stands out well and will contrast really well against the red background which I want. Rock music magazines mainly use a red and black colour scheme using bold, capitalised gothic style font so this is what I want to use. Rock music magazines also use yellow a lot I have noticed to highlight the puff so I will be using a yellow font for this to make it really stand out. I think all of these features of my front cover really relate to my inspirational text and would work really well to help draw in a really interested audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment