Wednesday 9 October 2013

Double Page Spread Moodboard


For the double page spread I want to use a lot of dark, black backgrounds as it fits with my rock genre really well and black backgrounds work really well for using red, yellow and white text which stand out a lot and draw attention to articles really well. You can see a lot of examples of the use of the black, white and red on the moodboard above and they are from rock magazines such as Kerrang! and Rocksound. I also think double page spreads look best when the main image is to one side because then there is a lot more room for a large title, sub-heading and pull quotes, so I want to lay my magazine out like this. The larger font on most of these articles are in capitals too and a rough kind of looking font has been used which I really like and think that this fits with the genre and theme of my magazine so I am going to do some research on fonts and try and find a similar one to use. I really like what Q magazine uses too with the large capitalised letter behind the article to make it stand out.They get the first letter of the artists name the article is about and put it in a bold colour such as red or black to make it stand out. My only concern with this is that it may get in the way when trying to read the text so I probably won't use this but I will try and experiment around with all the ideas I now have when designing my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment